Friday, March 03, 2006

Invisible

Although as a kid I thought invisibility would be a good power to possess, I am less and less convinced it would be a good thing except if it were coupled with immortality or the power to pass through solid objects.

Last night out for a walk I nearly got run over twice in an intersection by two male drivers. It was a lit intersection; I had reflective striping on my coat; they could see me. In fact the one guy even gave me a smile as he nearly drove over my toes.

I've started considering wearing a sign on my front and back like on a picket line, but my picket would say "CAUTION: PEDESTRIAN!" on the front and on the back (since I usually get run over from behind) "I THROW ROCKS AT CARS".

I've heard you can report these people for reckless driving to the police and they'll get a ticket after the fact... I'm going to start doing that.

No comments: